Summer gutter problems will happen and with summer just around the corner.
Summer gutter problems happen but it’s one of the best times for most homeowners to remodel their homes. It’s also a time to watch your gutters and make sure they are working properly. With flash thunderstorms happening all summer long you can tell when something on your gutter system isn’t working. It’s also a time that your gutters can have a lot of damage happen to them.
- Clogged Gutters – In the summertime trees shed foliage that can often end up in your gutter. Clogged gutters prevent the natural flow of water. When water is diverted from its intended course, overflowing occurs.
- Heavy Rain – Summer brings hot temperatures and frequent showers. If your gutter system isn’t installed properly or there is build up, this can become a problem. Correct gutter installation and seamless gutters will keep water away from your home throughout heavy storms.
- Dry Leaves – Dry leaves are quite common in the summer. Increased temperatures in the summertime can cook dry leaves in your gutter and potentially catch fire. seamless gutters prevent objects from getting stuck between the gutters.
- Mold Growth – When falling leaves and debris make their way into your gutter they often run the risk of becoming a great starting point for mold growth. Eventually, mold can make its way inside your home. Because rain follows the path of least resistance, clogged gutters can cause water to flow under your roofing materials.
- Gutter Damage – With high heats, it’s possible (if you have plastic gutters on your home) that they will crack and become a headache for you.
Making sure your gutters are working properly in the summer is a great way to keep them maintained for fall.
So all you will have to worry about is keeping leaves out of your gutters and not on how much water is leaking out of them.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.
Tags: Charlottesville Virginia, Construction and Maintenance, damage, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, Home repair, Lynchburg Virginia, Materials and Supplies, Rain, Rain gutter, summer, Virginia