With the holiday season in full swing, some of you might be preparing to put holiday lights on your home.
This means you’ll be climbing on ladders and setting them against your home (make sure to keep them off of your gutters because this might cause damage.) Ladder Safety 101 should be your main priority. It’s important to practice ladder safety so you can make sure you’re enjoying your holidays with your family and not in a cast.
- Follow the warnings and directions on the ladder.
- Look for overhead power lines and make sure if you have a metal ladder to avoid electrical equipment.
- Always inspect your ladder before using it. Do NOT use a damaged ladder.
- Make sure the ladder is open all of the way.
- Do not use the top step unless the ladder is designed to use it that way.
- Make sure the ground you are using the ladder on is stable. Do not place it on anything to give you more height.
- Don’t shift or try to more ladder when someone or something is on it.
- Be sure that the locks on the ladder are set.
- Don’t overload the ladder.
- Make sure to use the buddy system if you are planning on using a ladder in-case of an emergency. ( It also helps to time to more a little faster.)
Remember to clean out your gutters before hanging holiday lights. Too much weight can seriously damage your gutters and possibly your home.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.
Tags: Charlottesville Virginia, Construction and Maintenance, curb appeal, damage, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, holiday, Lynchburg Virginia, Materials and Supplies, Virginia, Weather, winter