Hanging Holiday Lights Pt 3
We have discussed this subjects over the past few years and this is out third installment on hanging holiday lights to explain crucial key points to help you have a safe and easy time hanging lights.
A few that are crucial when preparing to hang Christmas lights.
1. Always untangle and check the lights on the strand. This is so you won’t have to untangle them while on your ladder or so they won’t short and become a potential hazard for a fire to start.
2. It’s best to not do this alone if possible. Having someone help you by handing you supplies will not only make it go by a little faster but also they will be there for your safety.
3. Ladder safety is very important. Make sure that the ground is even, step on the pail shelf or reach further than you can, and that someone holds the ladder for you. 38% of ladder falls happen while hanging Christmas lights. ( source )
4. Use a timer. This can save you from having a super expensive electric bill or being the Clark Griswald of the neighborhood. (You probably shouldn’t hang your lights like him either, very dangerous.)
5. Don’t over do it. Remember that you do have an electric bill and that could ruin your holiday spirit.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.