Gutter Clog Removal
Gutter Clog Removal. A clean gutter can keep your home in working order. We suggest that you clean your gutters at least twice a year, more if you have lots of trees around your home. Gutter clog removal can be a task you have to take care of if your gutters do not have covers and the amount of debris is greater than the amount of times you clean your gutters. We have a few tips on how to remove the few different types of gutter clogs.
Gutter Clog At The Downspout Opening
Remove all debris from gutters and downspout opening. Make sure to wear gloves and protective eyewear. You never know what can be hiding in your gutter debris. Once you have the gutter clean, run some water through it to see if actual downspout is clogged. If so please see Downspout Clog removal.
Gutter Clog By Loose Hanger And/Or Spike
1. Remove all debris from gutters and downspout opening. Make sure to wear gloves and protective eyewear.
2. Reposition or repair the gutter supports as needed. You may want a professional to do this because it can be a tricky job to do.
Gutter Clog At Downspout
1. Try to free the obstruction with a stick, plumbing snake, or pressure washer outfitted with a telescoping wand.
2. If you can’t reach it, simply disassemble the downspout and remove the clog. For more help on this job, please view our previous blog on downspout clog removal.
Gutter Clog In Underground Downspout
- This is a tricky clog to unclog because the pipe is underground and can be crushed or damaged by tree roots, it could need a complete replacement or it could be an easy fix by just being clogged at the place where the pipe and downspout meets. To figure out what needs to be done, remove the boot of the bottom of the downspout to see the opening of the underground downspout area. Remove visible debris.
- Turn on a garden hose and force it into the underground portion of the line; the water pressure may dislodge the clog. If this does not seem to work, call a professional. They will have tools and will be able to assess the damage better.
If you do not have the time or confidence in removing some of these clogs please call a professional.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.