Don’t Forget The Gutters! – Gutter Cleaning Service
Gutters are one of the most important and most forgotten about part of your home. They are important to keep maintained and while some of us think in the back of our mind “Oh I need to get that done,” the end scenario often is forgotten.
There are two times a year when it’s ideal for you to clean your gutters. Those times being spring and fall. With fall here and winter knocking at the door, the to-do list of winterizing your home becomes large and smaller things slip through the cracks. Things like cleaning out your gutters.
The fall cleaning is a bit more important than the spring cleaning mostly because of the rapid and messy leaf and needle fall. You don’t want to do it too early or too late. The ideal time is when the trees are almost finished losing their leaves or needles.
You are probably wondering what will it hurt if I forget once. No big right? Well there are a number of things that can go wrong if you neglect those helpful gutters, such as problems with your home, ice dams, vermin and even to those gutters.
Possible problems that may arise if you do not clean those gutters to your home could be:
- A water overflow that could cause –
- Paint on house to crack or bubble up
- Siding on home to crack
- Wet wood to rot behind siding
- Flooding in your basement
- a crack your foundation
- soil erosion
- moisture can damage the fascia boards
- Your gutters could
- Loosen from home
- Fall off completely
- Become damaged beyond repair leaving it more expensive to fix
- It could become a nest to vermin such as:
- Carpenter ant
- In the winter ice damming could occur, Ice damming is when frozen water becomes stuck in the gutters from freezing that occurs. This can lead to problems like:
- Frozen water can back up water because
- it pushes it against roof structure
- Can rip the gutter right off of your home because of weight
All of the place you end up can lead to more expensive routes for something as small as forgetting to clean your gutters. Maintain your beautiful home: make sure not to forget about this crucial part of it.
If you simply cannot find the time to get it done, we do offer an Long-Term Maintenance Program that you can enroll online or by giving us a call at (434) 2 – NO CLOG. We also do a one-time cleaning as well. Just make sure that this isn’t something that slips your mind.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.