Gutter Cleaning Safety Tips From Professionals
Gutter Cleaning Safety Tips to keep you safe this gutter cleaning season, if you decide to DIY this year.
- Choose your ladder wisely. Use a ladder best fit for the job and if you have to use an extension ladder use the ladder safety tips blog we posted last year. Don’t set ladder against gutters or siding, set it softly against fascia board to prevent damages. Above all make sure to that you feel safe before climbing up the ladder.
- Keep the ladder level and never attempt to clean your gutters on a windy or wet day.
- Work with a partner so you can keep a 3 point stability on the ladder and it will also help to have someone hand you tools or the garden hose when you need it!
- Use the garden hose after you have removed all of the large debris and sludge. This will wash out all the dirt and let you know if there is a clog in the downspout or a leak.
- Make sure to wear safety goggles and rubber sole shoes to protect you for slipping or getting something nasty in your eye!
Remember if you ever have a feeling that this task is too daunting.
Out of your element or you just don’t have the time, call a professional, such as Gutters & Guards, Inc. They will get the job done and it will be 1 less worry.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.
Tags: Charlottesville Virginia, Construction and Maintenance, Debris, Downspout, fall, fall gutter cleaning, fall weather, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, Lynchburg Virginia, Materials and Supplies, Rain, Rain gutter, Virginia